With this document you can:
- Print the full document
- Save the page as a HTML document to your device
- Save the page as a PDF file
- Bookmark it - it will always be the latest version of this document
This box is not visible in the printed version.
Our ways of working
Gambling Commission's ways of working. We have signed up to ways of working and have a set of values we strongly believe in.
Published: 23 September 2020
Last updated: 3 July 2023
This version was printed or saved on: 8 December 2023
Overview: We all want the Gambling Commission to be a great place to work, a place where we:
- are supported and developed
- can contribute ideas for strengthening the organisation
- take responsibility for doing our best
- play our part to help the Commission meet the objectives set out in our strategy.
We use the ways of working when giving feedback, either about an individual, or our collective performance.
We believe openness, accountability and collaboration are key to success, therefore it's important we remain consistent with our ways of working to ensure that we succeed.
To be outcome focused we:
- put consumers at the heart of everything we do
- take responsibility for an issue and moving it forward
- deliver results through working collaboratively.
To reach for ways to improve we:
- encourage feedback and ideas
- are committed to continuous improvement and are open to trying different ways of working
- celebrate successes and take responsibility when things go wrong.
To be respectful we:
- recognise every colleague’s contribution
- give each other timely constructive feedback
- all encourage challenge.
To communicate well we:
- are clear and concise
- listen and check our understanding
- explain the reasons for decisions.
To make this a great place to work we:
- all help to make the Commission a great place to work
- value and support each other
- demonstrate a positive attitude.