10. Register of interests
10.1 Members of the Board should complete an annual register of Interests statement. The register of interests will be published on the ABSG website. New conflicts of interest must be declared as they arise and the Register will be updated with immediate effect on the website.
10.2 The following interests should be declared:
- employment by, or ownership or part-ownership of, businesses or consultancies;
- employment by charities, public bodies or similar organisations, including research funding
- directorships, including non-executive directorships of public or private companies;
- significant (3 per cent+) shareholdings in public and private companies; and
- membership of other bodies, whether public or private organisations, which may impinge directly or indirectly on the business of the Advisory Board for Safer Gambling; and public appointments.
10.3 Board members should include in the register details of any interest of a member of their close family which could be seen as, or which could give rise to, a conflict with their position on the Board.
11.3 This policy will remain in force for 12 months from the date of approval. This deadline for review has been imposed in recognition of the transition in place in the funding of gambling research.Previous page
9. Speaking engagements and social media
Last updated: 21 April 2021
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.