The ABSG is an independent, expert advisory board which:
- helps deliver the National Strategy to Reduce Gambling Harms
- helps increase research capacity and capability through engaging with a wide range of experts
- helps share findings about best practice so they have an impact
- helps solve policy dilemmas where research evidence is lacking or ambiguous.
How we do this
We work by:
- providing independent advice to the Gambling Commission on the implementation of the National Strategy to Reduce Gambling Harms
- monitoring progress of the Strategy
- recommending priorities for research
- strengthening prevention and treatment through robust research, evaluation and practice
- working collaboratively with others who have expertise, bringing them together to discuss issues of mutual concern.
How we're funded
The Advisory Board for Safer Gambling is funded, and is provided with secretariat support by the Gambling Commission.Next page
Last updated: 31 August 2022
Show updates to this content
'Statement of intent for the ABSG' removed as related content.