4 August 2020 - Minutes of the meeting of the Board of Commissioners
Location: Virtual meeting by Skype
- Bill Moyes
- John Baillie
- Brian Bannister
- Carol Brady
- Stephen Cohen
- Jo Hill
- Trevor Pearce
- Catharine Seddon
- Neil McArthur
- John Tanner (SRO)
- (REDACTED) (Board Secretary)
- (REDACTED) (Legal)
- (REDACTED) (notes)
- (REDACTED) (4NLC Legal, observing)
- (REDACTED) (item 1)
- Andrew Wilson (item 1)
- Terry Babbs
- Sarah Gardner
Welcome, apologies and declarations of interest
The Chair noted apologies for the meeting and ran through the protocol of running the meeting using Microsoft Teams (the first Board meeting using this software).
There were no declarations of interest.
The Chair welcomed (REDACTED) (Rothschild & Co), Andrew Wilson and REDACTED to the meeting.
2. Launch of 4NLC Invitation to Apply (ITA) go/no go
The Board noted the paper.
The background to the recommendations were summarised by the SRO.
3. Plans to the end of September 2020
The Board noted the CEO’s slides, in particular:
- regarding lockdown: a significant proportion of gambling is now open but the Commission had very little notice that casinos would not open as expected
- a small group of staff will return to Victoria Square House on 10 August 2020, with increasing numbers returning in September. A recent staff survey identified that staff are most concerned about returning to public transport.
4. Any Other Business
Further items for discussion by exception only.
The Board approved the Reset 2020 Project Board Terms of Reference with no amendments.
The Board approved the appointment of members to Reset 2020 Project Board as follows:
- the appointment of Trevor Pearce as the Chair of the Reset 2020 Project Board with effect from 5 August 2020
- the appointment of Carol Brady and Catharine Seddon as Commissioner members of the Reset 2020 Project Board
- the appointment of Sarah Gardner, John Tanner, Vic Beaumont, Mandy Gill and (on her arrival at the Gambling Commission) Natalie Prosser as Commission employee members of the Reset 2020 Project Board.
Action: Governance to publish membership of the Reset 2020 Project Board.
There was no other business.