17 April 2020 - Minutes of the meeting of the Board of Commissioners
Location: Virtual meeting by Skype
- Bill Moyes
- John Baillie
- Carol Brady
- Stephen Cohen
- Trevor Pearce
- Jonathan Scott (from item 2)
- Catharine Seddon
- Neil McArthur
- Sarah Gardner
- Tim Miller
- Marie Perry
- John Tanner
- Helen Venn
- Richard Watson
- Vic Beaumont
- (REDACTED) (Board Secretary)
- (REDACTED) (Legal)
- (REDACTED) (notes)
- Tamsin Morgan
- Paul Hope
- Alistair Quigley
Welcome, apologies and declarations of interest and ground rules for conduct of a remote meeting
The Chair confirmed this is not a usual Board meeting, rather an extraordinary one, the date originally set up for NLCC but now to focus on Covid-19.
Apologies were noted. received from Paul Hope and Alistair Quigley.
There were no new declarations of interest.
The agenda will be amended to note Vic Beaumont as ‘in attendance’.
1. Minutes, rolling actions, forward look and Chair’s business
The minutes of the meeting held on 26 March 2020 were approved subject to the wording of the Experts by Experience section being amended.
The rolling actions were reviewed and updated.
The Board forward look was reviewed.
The Board noted the Chair’s business update.
2. CEO Report: Management of the crisis, including financial modelling update, preparation for Public Accounts Committee, and 4NL update (SR12 – COVID-19)
The Board noted the slide presentation.
3. Corporate culture project (SR4 – organisational capacity)
The Chair updated the Board on the current status of the corporate culture project.
4. Formal report on findings of review into oversight of the significance of a fees review (SR9 – own governance & management)
The Board noted the paper.
5. Development of proposals for a levy (SR5 Prevention and education, treatment and support)
The Board noted the current draft of the paper in the Diligent Board Reading room.
6. Any Other Business
There was no other business to report.
Below the line items:
- the Board noted the Audit and Risk Committee update
- the Board noted that the NLC update, previously due to be on the agenda for information, is being redrafted and will be circulated to the Board separately for any comment, in particular on the point of manufactured near wins on scratchcards. A view will then be taken as to whether that topic needs to come to Board for formal discussion.
7. Commissioner & CEO session only