March 2021 - Notice of variations – Third Licence Extension
- In certain scenarios, Condition 23.9 of the Third Section 5 Licence allows the Gambling Commission, in its absolute discretion, to extend the duration of this Licence for a period of six months. A maximum of two such extensions are permitted.
- One such scenario relates to the Competition process, i.e. where the Competition takes longer than was originally envisaged. In May 2020, having considered all advice available and the feedback we had received from potential applicants, the Commission decided to delay the launch of the Competition by three months.
- As a result, and specifically to ensure a smooth transition between this Licence period and the next, the Commission decided to enact the first six-month extension to the Third Licence.
- The current operator, Camelot, was notified of this extension in line with the requirements set out within Condition 23.9. Since that point, the Commission and the current operator have been working to agree the associated variations to the Third Section 5 Licence and Section 6 Scratchcards Class Licence.
- These variations were limited in nature, as they primarily focussed on reflecting the amended Licence Expiry date of 31 July 2023 throughout the updated Licences.
- The updated Licences, reflecting the six-month extension to the Third Licence period, were subsequently published on 31 March 2021.
November 2021 - Decision notice for Condition 23 Licence Investment Proposal: Strategic Marketing Investment for the National Lottery Next page
March 2021 - Decision notice for Condition 23 Licence Investment Proposal: Marketing Investment for the National Lottery
Last updated: 15 June 2021
Show updates to this content
No changes to show.