Why join us?
At the Gambling Commission you can make a real difference to millions of consumers, thousands of people who work in the industry and the future of the gambling industry as whole.
As an employer we put our employees at the heart of what we do, and we’re on a quest to find the best people both from within and outside of the industry to join our innovative and passionate team of employees.
We’re looking for people with a belief in our purpose and those that genuinely care about making the industry better at protecting the consumer and safeguarding children and vulnerable people.
We’re also looking for people with expert knowledge who are up for change and keen to help us innovate and keep at the forefront of industry.
Benefits of working at the Gambling Commission
This is an overview of what we offer, but of course, we can provide more detailed information on our benefits during your application for a vacancy with us.
- Flexible working
- Civil Service pension
- Minimum 26 days holiday a year
- All statutory holidays
- Buy up to five days holiday a year
- Tailored learning and development
- Company-wide training programmes
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Employee support pool
- Employee wellbeing activities
- Employee health checks
- Time off for voluntary work
- Career opportunities (internal and external)
- Season travel passes
- Modern, open plan, spacious offices with excellent facilities
- Our offices are based in the city centre, only a two minute walk from Grand Central New Street train station
- Annual pay reviews
- Active employee voice and engagement
- Ten year service celebration award
- Free unlimited hot drinks
- Eating facilities
- Regular free food events (fruit and treats)
- Employee technology – e-payslips, e-learning, e-recruitment, HR self-service
- Social committee/events
- Annual employee conference.
Our people make our organisation and without them we could not achieve what is necessary to meet our core objectives. So our aim is to reward and motivate all employees with a range of flexible benefits that not only support you financially but also benefit individual lifestyles and choice.
Our rewards and recognition portfolio is constantly being reviewed to ensure we are offering appropriate and fair benefits for our employees whether you’re based in our Birmingham office or work from home (about 15% of our 300 employees).