Remote gambling and software technical standards
Gambling software and remote operating licence holders (including ancillary remote betting) are required to comply with our technical standards and requirements relating to the timing and procedures for testing.
LCCP: Licence condition 2.3.1
Remote gambling and software technical standards details the specific technical standards and the security requirements that licensed remote gambling operators and gambling software operators need to meet. It comprises:
- Technical standards including information provision requirements
- Security requirements (which now reflect the new ISO/IEC 27001: 2013).
- customer account information
- displaying transactions
- rules, game descriptions and the likelihood of winning
- time-critical events
- result determination
- result determination for play-for-fun games
- generation of random outcomes
- auto-play functionality
- skill and chance games with auto-play
- interrupted gambling
- limiting collusion/cheating
- financial limits
- time requirements and reality checks
- responsible product design
- information provision.