Starting your own gambling business
We do not provide legal advice, including advice concerning the correct interpretation of legislation. Therefore, we cannot advise you regarding the viability or legality of your business idea.
It is up to you to obtain your own business or legal advice.
What we do
- we make information available to assist you in forming your ideas
- we clarify areas of common confusion, for example many people want run a lottery as a commercial business. But lotteries are for good causes only and cannot be run for commercial gain.
What we don’t do
- we do not enter into discussions about developing your business idea to either be in or out of the scope of the Gambling Act 2005
- we do not provide advice or information other than that described above
- we do not provide advice on the feasibility of a business concept.
Further information on starting a business can be found at:
If your business is gambling-related have a look at the different licence types and the activities they permit to help you decide if your business requires a licence.