Skip Navigation
Keeping gambling Fair and safe for all

How do I apply for a casino premises licence - casinos?

There is a process you need to follow if you want to apply for a premises licence for a small or large 2005 Act casino. If you run a 1968 Act casino, you should already have a premises licence from your local licensing authority.

The following local licensing authority areas can site one small casino:

  • Bath and North East Somerset District Council
  • East Lindsey District Council
  • Luton Borough Council
  • Scarborough Borough Council
  • Swansea City and County Council
  • Torbay Borough Council
  • Wigtown Divisional Licensing Board in the area of Dumfries and Galloway Council
  • Wolverhampton City Council.

The following local licensing authority areas can site one large casino:

  • Great Yarmouth Borough Council
  • Kingston upon Hull City Council
  • Leeds City Council
  • Middlesbrough Borough Council
  • Milton Keynes Borough Council
  • Newham London Borough Council
  • Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council
  • Southampton City Council.

You should contact the local licensing authorities concerned to find out more.

How much does a premises licence cost?

Contact your local licensing authority to find out how much your application for a premises licence will cost.

Local licensing authorities in England and Wales are allowed to set the cost of a premises licence, depending on the type of premises.

The fees for premises licences in Scotland have been set centrally.


Page last reviewed: June 2012

Gambling sectors